Question mobile development upload videos

ezel3050

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello dear kind people. so I have a lot of experience coding for games in C# but its the first time that I want to code an "app" for android and iOS there are 3 things that this app does.

1- it gets a couple of numbers from the server and calculates it based on user input

2-I want to be able to upload videos (Somewhere) and then users can watch them online (it would be awesome if there was a prewritten piece of code to help using other video platforms like youtube for the whole thing)

3-Chat support in the app

i would be really pleased if you could give me some hints for doing this 3.

Welcome to the forums.

You have two options that I recommend.
  • Use Xamarin and build a cross-platform project. Details on that here : Android & iOS Apps with Xamarin | .NET
  • Use Unity, except I am not sure what route I would advise you to go for plugging the video option into your project. That would be something you need to research in Unity Assets that offers video streaming or playback. More on that here : Unity - Multiplatform - Unity

Unity may offer plugins for chat, whereas in Xamarin you could build one using SignalR and Xamarin together. There are plenty of resources on that subject alone if you do some interweb searching.

Welcome to the forums.

You have two options that I recommend.
  • Use Xamarin and build a cross-platform project. Details on that here : Android & iOS Apps with Xamarin | .NET
  • Use Unity, except I am not sure what route I would advise you to go for plugging the video option into your project. That would be something you need to research in Unity Assets that offers video streaming or playback. More on that here : Unity - Multiplatform - Unity

Unity may offer plugins for chat, whereas in Xamarin you could build one using SignalR and Xamarin together. There are plenty of resources on that subject alone if you do some interweb searching.
Thanks for your advice.
I actually want to use Xamarin so for the chat I'll use SignalR as you said but what about Video Streaming for Xamarin?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom